Mama has been working overtime during this pandemic. She is now not only the cook, housekeeper, in-house healthcare worker but she is also the homeschool teacher and principal. So round up all your pennies, dimes, and quarters and make this Mother’s Day special for her. We have assembled a list of possible gifts or dining ideas for your consideration.
- Volto Urbano, a new approach to skincare where skin type, environment, and seasons matter equally. Made in the USA, the brand’s range protects the skin from man-made and natural climate irritants while supercharging natural repair and healing. The brand’s website also features a Remigen Builder, which will customize a tailored skincare routine for you featuring products that clear toxins, protect against irritants, and heal your skin over time. I received samples of the Gentle Exfoliating Toner ($48) and Face Cream($65) which lives up to its description of a velvety, intensive moisturizer that deeply hydrates moisture-depleted skin. It takes just a dab on your finger and your skin truly feels refreshed. Occasionally these products go missing from my bathroom and I have to haggle with my roommate for their safe return.
- The online art supply store, MisterArt.com has a myriad of products for the crafting mom, scrapbooking mom, or artist mom. You can use the CraftAtHome code for $15-off purchases of $85.
- Central Market is offering new pre-order curbside Mother’s Day meal and gift options. Breakfast in Bed serves 1-2, $15.99 features a small cheese quiche; small mixed berries; mini scones and strawberry jam; orange juice. If she prefers chocolate, Kate Weiser, a six-piece box, $12.99. Don’t forget the flowers, Forever gorgeous bouquet (pink), $45.
- Essentials Shower Kit ($50.00) – If you are serious about incorporating Zero Waste into your life this is the perfect start! With this shower kit, you receive all the basic products you need, and with the scent of your choice. This kit includes the Daily Shampoo & Conditioner, Body Wash & After Shower Oil. It comes in 4 different scents: Cedarwood Musk, Citrus Supreme, Eucalyptus Energy, and Luxe Lavender. I received a sample kit and it smells wonderful. Great way to pamper mom.
- Dickey’s Barbecue Pit is hosting a social media giveaway in honor of Mother’s Day. From May 1-31, guests are invited to post on their social media tagging Dickey’s and using the hashtag #motherlyadvice to share the best advice their mom ever gave them. A random winner will be chosen to win Free Barbecue for a Year.
- UP Inspired Kitchen is offering DIY UPcake Board – For $48, guests can get everything they need to make a gorgeous pancake breakfast board for Mom. This DIY kit includes UPcakes, bacon, blueberries, raspberries, whipped cream or creme fraiche, butter, maple syrup, bananas, almond butter, yogurt, and honey. It serves four to six.
- With kids at home, finding fun new crafts is always a welcome distraction. The Xyron Glaminator is a 3-in-1 crafting tool that applies foil to projects and adds that extra sparkle that everyone could use right now. Available on Xyron.com and Amazon.
- The Rustic’s Mother’s Day Meal Kit will feed two to three people for $49.95 with choices of Game Hens or Pork Loin. Guests can upgrade to Prime Rib for $64.95.